- All physicians will work within their privileges at all times, unless necessitated by an emergency.
- This position will provide psychiatric evaluation and treatment in the general outpatient mental health clinic using evidence based pharmacological interventions and has, as its goals, the improvement of interpersonal functioning, changes in maladaptive behavior patterns, reduction in psychiatric symptoms and the alleviation of psychic pain. This will be done in face-to-face encounters. An on-call rotation with other Psychiatrists covering Inpatient services will also be included.
- Work schedule in clinic daily Monday through Friday 8 - 4:30.
- Note: New hires will be required to relocate to Fargo, North Dakota. This is not a virtual tele-medicine position.
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical OfficerSimilar jobs
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
If you're looking for a variety, North Dakota has it all! The state experiences all four of the breathtaking seasons, has a growing economy, rolling farmlands, and the lowest unemployment rate in the country. The Fargo-Moorhead area is a lively, vibrant community featuring three universities and one technical/community college as well as a thriving arts scene. If you like sports, Fargo is home to the FM Redhawks (Independent Baseball Organization), the Fargo Force (USHL Hockey Team), the Red River Valley Speedway as well as the North Dakota State University Bison. We also are in close proximity to attend the University of North Dakota Fighting Hawks Division I hockey games. There are an assortment of outdoor activities from which to choose - snowmobiling, ice fishing, regular fishing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, water skiing, jet skiing, swimming, hunting, tubing, canoeing, hiking, camping, & biking to name a few. For more information about Fargo check us out at http://fargomoorhead.org/ or http://livability.com/fargo/nd/magazine
Experience the VA:
The Fargo VA Health Care System is a Level 2 Medical Center and a member of Veterans Integrated Service Network 23. This facility combines a 39 bed medical facility along with a 38 bed Community Living Center providing transitional care, both accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Fargo also has a Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits Office on campus, offering veterans the unique opportunity to obtain health care, benefits services, and Readjustment Counseling at one location. Due to the growing veteran population in our service area, ten Community Based Outpatient Clinics have been established. The Fargo Health Care System provides a wide spectrum of primary and tertiary acute and extended care inpatient and outpatient activities in an academic setting. The Fargo Health Care System has an active research program and has a successful affiliation with the University of North Dakota School of Medicine.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
ResponsibilitiesAll physicians will work within their privileges at all times, unless necessitated by an eme...
Apply on company website