Dealership: L0181 Mercedes-Benz of Des Moines Des Moines Mercedes
Are You A High-Performing Dealership Service Manager
Looking For An Opportunity To Work With The Best In The Business?
Do You Want To Be A Part Of A Company That Values Your Talent And Experience?
We are growing…FAST. And with this growth comes unique and exciting career opportunities for an experienced Service Manager.
Take your career to the next level with a member of the Lithia Motors family, a Fortune 300 company!
If you have a proven ability to lead winning teams and are interested in joining one of the fastest growing automotive groups in the country, we want to talk to you!Responsibilities
- Service Staff Recruiting, Training and Development
- Staff Department to optimize customer opportunities and productivity.
- Train Service Advisors daily using role-play, evaluation, checklists, and quizzes to ensure they are well versed in the service process
- Ensure technical staff are properly trained and have the breadth of experience necessary to cover customer needs
- Develop staff by setting and communicating performance/production expectations, monitoring performance, identifying and development needs, coaching and mentoring.
- Customer engagement
- Resolve customer requests, questions and concerns in a professional, friendly, and prompt manner
- Inspect repair orders daily for legibility, accuracy and legality
- Ensure that all manufacturer policies and procedures are followed
- Manage the administration, tracking and follow-up required to stay current on warranty, receivables and service contracts
- Read, understand and take action on MIS to generate maximum revenue and control expenses
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness, organization and appearance of all service areas in accordance with state and federal OSHA laws to ensure a professional, safe environment for customers and employees
- Administrative Functions
- Hold daily and monthly staff meetings as required covering key information.
- Serve as liaison between the store and Support Services Fixed Operations. Receive, communicate and hold staff accountable to policy and procedure requirements and updates
- Complete service department reporting and month-end procedures on time
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one's own time
- Possess ability to meet and exceed automotive industry standards in service, sales and operations
- 1-2 years proven track record of success as a Service Manager in an automotive dealership
- Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Apply on company website