DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a role to utilize your House Supervisor, Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care Nursing experience that goes beyond the bedside? Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits as a fulltime employee include Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Medical and Childcare Flex Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Medical Leave, Clinical Certification Support, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Assistance, 401k with Corporate Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program Employee Discount Program and Identity Theft Protection.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Transfer Center teams are committed to providing streamlined access to the right facility at the right time for every patient, every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our efforts to better our community.
Intrigued? CLICK HERE to learn more!
HCA's Transfer Center offers a variety of patient transport services and the only transport specialty teams with the ability to provide high risk obstetrical, neonatal and critical care pediatric patient transport into the HCA North Texas Division hospital system. HCA North Texas Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its thirteen hospitals and other freestanding facilities. At the HCA Transfer Center, we assist in transporting patients by ground, helicopter and fixed wing. We also provide daily, 24-hour access to the transport teams for Inner Facility Transfers, Physician Office Direct Admissions and Emergency Transport for injured and critically ill patients. This unique service simplifies the process of getting a patient transferred to the right hospital, to the right specialists, at the right time by utilizing the latest telecommunications technology. The Transfer Center is staffed by registered nurses and EMT/paramedics, who will assist in arranging the transport logistics.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admissions and exceptional consumer experience
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services and special programs
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
What Sets Us Apart…?
"I enjoy the welcoming and fast paced environment, and constant learning! There is never a dull shift and it's truly a great team to work with!"
"Working at the Transfer Center is AMAZING! After being a nurse for over a decade, this is the best place I have ever worked. Management is fantastic. I leave on time every day, and I still get to use my critical thinking skills in a Nursing capacity. We are like a little family here, everyone works together to get things done. It's wonderful!"
Education and Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited ADN or Diploma nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Compact License is accepted; however, must obtain RN License in the State of Texas within the first 90 days.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications (If not currently certified with ACLS and/or PALS: must obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum 5 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary
- Ability to self-manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action
- Ability to function calmly in stressful situations
- Knowledge of Division hospital services lines and clinical capabilities
- Basic typing skills, 35 Word Per Minute
- Knowledge of Computer Software; Meditech, Tele-Tracking, Central Logic, Bed Management, Microsoft Office, Internet searches and relevant Data Bases
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the hospital.
- Ability to analyze information of a complex nature.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
- Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality
- Customer service oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website