If you combine a solid understanding of data flow management with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically, this position offers you some compelling opportunities. You will:
- Play an important role in our ongoing expansion, ensuring the Electrical & Capacity Engineering team has access to accurate, real-time data as well as the business intelligence tools to make optimal use of the data. Quick question for you - click here
- Own and coordinate data collection and its management goals for the team moving forward, including ensuring our team is "plugged into" a major corporate initiative to integrate multiple data sources into a centralized quote-to-cash-to-report system.
- Make a visible impact as you coordinate among multiple internal and external stakeholders across a Global organization.
- Build a progressive career home at a stable and growing global industry leader.
- Expand your skills and knowledge in technology, leadership and project management in a broad role.
Pictured: Digital Realty has a long-standing history of operational excellence, as evidenced by 11 consecutive years of five nines uptime (99.999%). This could be a great position for a software engineer looking to move into a more related "field" role, or for a BMS system or systems integrator administrator looking to take on broader responsibilities. To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Data Systems Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in management and development of BMS/EPMS systems such as StruxureWare, Decathlon, Automated Logic, Ignition, EkkoSense or similar. Quick question for you - click here
- 5+ years of experience interfacing with computer networks and the OSI layer model.
- 5+ years of experience with multiple industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, SNMP, BACNET, SCADA and others.
- 5+ years of experience in database management and SQL DBMS as well as interfacing with analytics platforms such as Power BI, Oracle BI, Tableau or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with power, temperature and energy system controls.
- Experience managing teams and vendors strongly preferred.
- Solid project management skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully with people from different backgrounds and at different levels.
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle changing priorities as they come about.
- A collaborative, team player approach.
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other relevant engineering discipline is preferred.
- Ensuring all network elements of electrical and T&H infrastructure stays online and updated across multiple systems.
- Serving as the main point of contact for all activities related to traffic and data flows interacting with other business tools such as FNT, Power BI, Oracle BI, Envision and Salesforce.
- Architecting and updating the roadmap of future functionality in coordination with other functional groups and tools.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain processes to improve the management and efficiency of the Data Collection System.
- Manage functionality and upkeep of FNT as the asset management tool to improve and enable the business requirements.
- Interface with the IT team and manage the network infrastructure that supports the COLO monitoring and data acquisition systems, as well as expanding and upkeeping such infrastructure.
- Interface with System Integrators and manage the SCADA Ignition application architecture and functionality to support reporting and efforts as well as the recurring expansion of COLO infrastructure. Quick question for you - click here
- Interface with System Integrator Support and local operations teams to upkeep and correct communication and device issues.
- Interface with the various Digital Realty teams who support other BMS, alarm management, IT support and applications, sales, customer managers and any other teams that require support.
- Develop reports and serviceable analytics to the multiple stakeholders that require power and environmental data.
- Work for the continuous improvement of the platforms and adaptability to user requirements.
- Communicate with vendors and distribute projects and priorities.
You'll have lots of opportunities to build your résumé in this role. You'll also flex your interpersonal and leadership skills as you coordinate across a variety of internal and external contributors.
We are committed to staying on the cutting-edge of our industry, meaning you'll be exposed to and work with the latest technology.
Growth without limits
We're growing fast and growing smart, including acquiring businesses that complement and strengthen our core offerings. We're already one of the largest players in our space, and ongoing growth will create opportunities for strong performers.
We value collaboration and encourage innovation, and the organization is committed to providing employees the tools they need to excel and develop professionally.
In addition to a competitive wage and discretionary bonus program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. As an owner of the roadmap of future Data collection & Management functionality, you will embark on a journey that will span several years. We're looking for a professional who is willing to commit three to four years to this journey. After that, you will be able to pursue a variety of career paths within Digital Realty.
You will need to be comfortable working with a BMS landscape that is constantly changing. We are always expanding our portfolio, creating more capacity to be managed. This includes adding and replacing equipment, as well as greenfield construction. An important goal will be to develop systems and processes that move us from a reactive to a proactive approach. One of your challenges will be to make changes while the data centers continue to operate, ensuring no lapses in performance. It will be a little like changing the tires on a car doing 60 mph.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Data Systems Manager, you will:
- Understand the business drivers and priorities for prioritization and decision making.
- Juggle multiple projects and manage various priorities effectively.
- Work to get up to speed with our business, technology and processes quickly.
- Achieve individual goals autonomously, but also promote team collaboration.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external contacts.
- Be as comfortable holding business/commercial conversations as you are engaging in more technical ones.
- Remain adaptable and open to learning.
Apply on company website