The Social Worker is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients, emergency department patients. As a member of multidisciplinary health team, they perform comprehensive assessments and develop treatment plans that integrate the medical, social and resources issues that impact individual patients, families and at-risk populations. This is a role that is a Contract Position with 20 +/- Hours a week. The role can be worked remotely with the expectation of occasional, on-site Hospital visits pending patient needs.
- Master's degree required
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- One (1) year clinical and/or medical social work experience required
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in post-acute placement on complex discharges.
- Engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high risk patients are identified.
- Coordinate discharge planning when consulted.
- Monitor and update discharge planning resources.
- Establish and maintains professional relationships with physicians, nursing staff, county agencies, community resources, patients and families.
- As part of Care team, facilitate decisions and communications regarding post-acute care.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Professional responsibility for knowledge of community resources related to social work scope of service.
- Knowledge of contemporary behavioral and systems relevant to health care; neglect or violence; community or financial resources for underserved or vulnerable populations.
- Maintaining appropriate up to date resource lists.
- Maintain patient health information privacy at all time.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Willingness to be a valued member on a team with an inspiring mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions
- The incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative, effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in oral, written and electronic formats.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking abilities with proactive decision-making and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrate professional organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Apply on company website