About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living ranks prominently among the 9 largest senior housing providers in the US, and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing, and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury senior-living communities.
With a 30-year reputation and almost 14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and innovation.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for an Assistant Director of Health & Wellness to join our community at Lakeside at Mallard Landing.
Responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the health and well being of the residents within the community in coordination with Director of Health & Wellness. This position is also responsible for the development and implementation of the personal care staff schedule. Receives call offs and responsible for finding the appropriate staff to replace.
- Works with DHW and assists as assigned with those duties
- Creates and posts a timely schedule for all personal care staff.
- Responsible to fill any call offs while ensuring proper staffing levels.
- Steps in to fill a staff vacancy if unable to fill through other staff members.
- Ensures that community follows all federal, state, local laws and regulations as it pertains to clinical care.
- Partners with Director of Health and Wellness and other team members to analyze and maintain all resident and team member health safety.
- Identifies ongoing needs and services of residents through the assessment/ Service Plan in collaboration with DHW
- Partners with other department coordinators to identify, review, and discuss potential change in levels of care and service needs
- Maintains communications with resident's family and/or responsible party regarding changes in care or health concerns.
- Reviews service plan to learn pertinent information about residents.
- Assists/observes medications and treatments for each resident using the medication observation record in accordance with state medication administration regulations
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information including resident medication.
- Helps residents maintain independence; promotes dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Strives to understand and respond to each resident with empathy, always remaining mindful of the resident's unique communication patterns, history and basic human needs.
- Practices routinely good standard care precautions of cleanliness, hygiene and health standards that include disposal and handling of biohazard waste.
- Notifies Director of Health Care of any resident and/or family concerns.
- Actively participates in change of shift reporting of pertinent information.
- Participates in the development of the Service Plan and monthly updates.
- Addresses all accidents/incidents immediately and completes incident report.
- Addresses all unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately.
- Addresses occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals immediately.
- Maintains current state license as a Licensed Professional Nurse or a Professional Registered Nurse per state regulations.
- Experience in assisted living, home health or long term care industries.
- Two (2) years experience as a Licensed Nurse preferred
- One (1) year nursing management experience preferred
- Must demonstrate competence in assessment skills, injections/medication administration, follow up and triage.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Apply on company website