Discover your Purpose!
Discovery Village at Deerwood, a Discovery Senior Living community is growing, thriving and has meaningful job opportunities available in a safe and supportive work environment.
We provide on the job training with no experience required for most positions.
We offer rewarding career opportunities that include:
- Competitive wages
- Access to wages before payday
- Flexible scheduling options with full-time and part-time hours
- Paid time off and Holidays (full-time)
- Full benefit package including health, dental, vision and more (full-time)
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Paid training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Meals and uniforms
Facility Operations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the residents, guests and team members.
- Performs routine maintenance duties to complete all service requests for repair and maintenance of all grounds, buildings, apartment homes, equipment and vehicles in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Routine maintenance duties may include: fixing wall and/or floor coverings; repairing furniture and fixtures; performing basic plumbing work; performing minor electrical repairs; repairing appliances; painting and refurbishing projects.
- Assists in the execution of the preventative maintenance program.
- Assists with working on heating and air conditioning systems, domestic water systems and pumps, refrigeration systems, motors, fans, electrical systems and emergency generators.
- Performs carpet and hard surface floor maintenance.
- Performs deep cleaning and resident suite ‘make ready' rooms as assigned.
- Assists with Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Evacuation procedures.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Technical school education preferred.
- One (1) year maintenance and/or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Must have basic technical knowledge (such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and code compliance) and mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment and possess a basic knowledge of construction principles.
- Must possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, life and safety regulations.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and work independently.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
If having a direct impact on the lives of others is appealing to you, apply today and join our team!
Apply on company website