About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes: Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group, and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning management group has been developing, building, marketing, and operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 9,500 existing home or homes under development, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Recreation & Events Coordinator to join our community Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay
- Assist in the development and oversight of resident activities.
- Plan, schedule and conduct programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for our residents in our community.
- Attend all community planned functions and help coordinate the event from beginning to end including set-up, running, and breaking down for the event.
- Assist in preparing and organizing a calendar of events.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and every other weekend) for planned activity events.
- Associate's Degree in social work, recreation, sociology, psychology or related field preferred
• One to three years experience in assisted living or long term care working with memory care patients preferred
• Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to encourage and motivate older adults.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated creative ability.
• Strong skills in organization, delegation and consensus building.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.
Apply on company website