About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living ranks prominently among the 9 largest senior housing providers in the US, and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing, and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury senior-living communities.
With a 30-year reputation and almost 14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and innovation.
Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Recreation & Events Coordinator to join our community Hidden Meadows on the Ridge.
- Assist in the development and execution of resident activities in both memory care and personal care.
- Plan, schedule and conduct programs that provide physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual opportunities for our residents in our community.
- Attend all community planned functions and help coordinate the event from beginning to end including set-up, running, and breaking down for the event.
- Assist in preparing and organizing a calendar of events.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and every other weekend) for planned activity events.
- One to three years experience in assisted living or long term care working with memory care patients preferred
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to encourage and motivate older adults.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Strong skills in organization, delegation and consensus building.
- A love for working with the senior population is a must!
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Apply on company website