Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,094 stores in 44 states as of November 1, 2019. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Oversees receiving or shipping functions. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews reports to determine required changes to meet future needs (i.e., week, month).
- Partners with management and non-management team to identify root causes for gaps using feedback from employee discussions and analyses of historical and future planning data reports.
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in inbound or outbound functions and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification.
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day's performance and to develop action plan for current day.
- Leads development of and communicates Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified for improvement.
- Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee gaps.
- Leads inbound or outbound team in goals and measurement development and implementation.
- Reviews the strategic goals of the inbound or outbound area and sets performance goals.
- Monitors department budget on a monthly basis; assists in development of budget for inbound or outbound functions.
- Conducts weekly staffing reviews with Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine appropriate staffing levels for inbound or outbound departments.
- Communicates with company carrier regarding store loads and backhauls
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Good (Strong) oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general software applications.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Team problem-solving skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Five years minimum experience in distribution, logistics and management.
- Experience in warehouse management systems and RTS applications preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- College degree in business.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to dust and noise.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for long periods of time.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website