Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Senior analyst and engineering technical expert for analysis related to the design of the DC network and efforts to optimize the Company's transportation programs. Manage the design/development, maintenance, and implementation of transportation systems and related processes associated with both the domestic and international supply chain. Analyst will be working with Supply Chain (Transportation, Distribution & Replenishment) and Merchandising to determine and improve the shelf landed margin of core and non-core SKU's.
- DC Network Design & Transportation Optimization
- Performs analysis and modeling efforts designed to select future DC sites and conducts pro forma analysis around new distribution concepts for further decision making
- Leads the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Company's transportation network, including modeling the optimal configuration of store/DC alignments to achieve appropriate cost/service balance
- Resolves issues related to DC workload balancing, scheduling of restricted stores in the delivery schedule to minimize cost and service impact, and ensuring backhaul capacity within the logistics network
- Conducts and presents to senior management analytic studies and modeling around improved freight flows, expense reduction, and inventory management (e.g., truck fullness, mileage efficiencies, mode optimization, etc.)
- Transportation Systems Management
- Manages the development, maintenance, and implementation of transportation systems and related system operating processes. Major installed systems include:
- JDA Manugistics Transport – Daily inbound/outbound optimization & planning
- JDA Manugistics Routing – Daily outbound routing
- JDA Manugistics Strategy – DC site selection & network optimization
- Web & EDI Tender, Track &Trace reporting
- Other DG Systems (VCI, YMS, DCAS, Freight payment, etc.)
- Responsible for system parameter testing to ensure optimal solutions capability for the Transportation Management System (TMS) and other major software suites
- Liaison to IT for all Transportation systems development and modification
- Partner with all third party system providers including International supply chain partners (ClearTrack & Expeditors)
- Shelf Landed Margin Analytics and Process Improvement
- Develop, utilize, and modify as needed database tools to calculate and report Shelf Landed Mark-up to include: product cost, inbound freight, DC handling, outbound freight, shrink, damages, markdowns, and store handling by SKU.
- Perform landed cost analysis of products, categories and divisions during line review or as products, vendors, stores, or distribution changes, to reduce total landed cost.
- Conduct Vendor- or Category-focused Shelf Landed Cost analysis to identify and recommend cost savings opportunities.
- Designs scorecards to monitor key business areas such as financial and delivery performance
- Researches and evaluates industry software designed to improve efficiencies in the Global Supply Chain
- Extensive knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (how the algorithms work and deep understanding as to how the parameters influence the system to optimize and execute)
- Ability to perform as both leader and supporter on project teams, being a team player and customer service drive
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners including international partners
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Access databases including ability to design templates, queries, tables, forms, and reports as well as industry standard mapping software
- Strong ability to analyze and decipher significant amounts of data to develop insights and conclusions for the business
- Basic knowledge of general financial and accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of merchandising, distribution, domestic transportation, and supply chain concepts
- Strong business acumen around the cost components of international flow of merchandise including cargo consolidation/deconsolidation operations
- Apply project management methodology: problem identification, scope definition, action plan and analysis.
Work Experience and/or Education
Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics preferred with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website