Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Under general supervision of the Store Manager, manages the Non-Perishables. Assists Store Manager with efficient and effective inventory management, appealing and profitable merchandise presentation and quality customer service. Assist the Store Manager in ensuring a safe working environment and provides protection for company assets according to required procedures.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open the store a minimum of one day per week; close the store a minimum of one day per week.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; deposit money in bank.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee compliance
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in training assigned associates in the proper stocking and presentation of Non-Perishable products.
- Record Non- Perishable Markdowns, while analyzing causes and working with Store Manager to take corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in sanitation standards and training of all associates assigned in the Non-Perishable area using the Cleaning Schedule.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the execution of the stores 7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find –Fill – Fix) procedures.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the stores uHHT is used as an investigative device to prevent out of stocks as well as overstocks.
- Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, with POG execution, pricing integrity to include price changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as well as all Super Tuesday pricing and signing execution.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, to minimize damages and markdowns, ensure accurate scanning and paperwork, and follow inventory control procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Assist the Store Manager with ensuring that customers' needs and requests are routinely addressed in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain daily contact with customers to understand merchandise expectations and desires.
- Assist with other operational areas as directed by the Store Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to learn and perform cash register functions to generate reports.
- Ability to review Operating Statements and identify business trends (including sales, profitability and turn) expense control opportunities, shrink and errors.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Good organization skills with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
WORK EXPERIENCE &/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website