Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Supervise store employees during but not limited to overnight store operations. Assist with efficient management of store operations, inventory and effective presentation of merchandise. Ensure a safe working environment while providing for the protection of company assets. Provides support to other managers as requested.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train all assigned associates on the proper overnight operations procedures to include but not limited to stocking of merchandise and the company standards on stocking productivity based on the product type.
- Responsible for coaching overnight associates as needed to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Assess work completion and follow up with associates regarding performance. Implement performance standards and measures. Makes recommendations to Store Managers regarding corrective actions as required.
- Conduct safety meetings, ensuring overnight associates are properly trained on all safety practices including but not limited to rolltainer safety, use of box cutters, proper lifting techniques, use of the baler, as well as pallet jacks and straddle lift. Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment. Assist in ensuring that all equipment is functional and maintained to a required level of safety and sanitation.
- Train all assigned associates in the proper execution of recovery standards to model store standards.
- Assess work completion and follow up with associates regarding performance. Implement performance standards and measures.
- Responsible for the sanitation standards and training of all associates assigned to the overnight stocking team using the Cleaning Schedule.
- Ensures the execution of the stores 7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find-Fill-Fix) procedures for night shift.
- Ensures the stores HHT is used as an investigative device to prevent out of stocks as well as overstocks.
- Responsible for the organization of the backroom operations to include the receiving area.
- Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices and plans. Utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Ensure POG execution, pricing integrity to include price changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as well as all Super Tuesday pricing and signing execution.
- Assist with Tote Inventory Management processes.
- Ensure sales shelf preparation and organization of staging areas for new deliveries. Direct and assist associates with unloading trucks as needed. Direct new merchandise according to plan. Efficiently utilize storeroom square footage to stock reserve inventory. Ensure proper rotation of perishable food items.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
- Attainment of required local and state food handling certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website