Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Identifies, collects, organizes, and analyzes information to resolve operational and employee gaps. Develops measurement systems that identify areas for improvement. Leads management team in developing action plans for operational improvement. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts analysis of reports relating to sales, volume, payroll, employee turnover, monthly operational and capital expense budgets; prepares reports to communicate operational performance and overall performance of the distribution center.
- Utilizes performance measurements and indicators to develop a measurement system that will identify areas for improvement; leads development of Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified.
- Guides distribution center management team in developing action plans for conducting internal analysis and identification of operational gaps.
- Partners with management and non-management team to identify root causes for gaps using feedback from employee discussions and analyses of historical and future planning data reports.
- Identifies and communicates changing trends as identified through analysis; partners with team to develop a work environment that understands and responds to the need for change.
- Sets distribution center performance goals.
- Monitors distribution center budget on a monthly basis and provides expense rationale; assists DC Manager in developing annual budget.
- Works with Human Resources to determine appropriate methods to solve employee relations issues; demonstrates effective use of Dollar General policies and procedures.
- Creates a strong distribution center work team by leading the process to eliminate operational barriers.
- Develops a positive, participative image in the community.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of specific individual operations within the distribution center.
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to write operational and overall performance reports as well as coordination with corporate offices and retail stores.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Ability to effectively monitor and develop team members to ensure smooth operation of the distribution center.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general software applications; familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Ten years' experience in distribution, logistics, and management.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to move around the distribution center for observation and to identify areas that require change.
- On-call during evening and weekend hours.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Dollar General is pleased to offer a wide range of benefit programs designed to care for the physical, mental and financial well-being of our employees and their families. Available benefit programs include health insurance coverage options, a variety of supplemental programs, 401(k) Savings Plan, paid sick leave (where required by law), vacation, paid maternity and parental leave, and many more. Eligibility and waiting period requirements may apply. This position may also be eligible for short-term incentive opportunities based on individual and/or company performance. See careers.dollargeneral.com/benefits for additional details
STARTING PAY RANGE: $97,856 - $122,320
Apply on company website