Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Oversees receiving or shipping functions. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in inbound or outbound functions and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification.
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day's performance and to develop action plan for current day.
- Leads development of and communicates Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified for improvement.
- Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee gaps.
- Leads inbound or outbound team in goals and measurement development and implementation.
- Reviews the strategic goals of the inbound or outbound area and sets performance goals.
- Monitors department budget on a monthly basis; assists in development of budget for inbound or outbound functions.
- Conducts weekly staffing reviews with Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine appropriate staffing levels for inbound or outbound departments.
- Communicates with company carrier regarding store loads and backhauls.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Five years minimum experience in distribution, logistics and management.
- Experience in warehouse management systems and RTS applications preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- College degree in business.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website