Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Learning Operations Manager influences with a focus on safety, leadership, excellence, self-motivation, problem-solving and teamwork. You will work to enable employees to develop the knowledge, skill, behaviors and experience they need to achieve their goals and progress their career. You will partner with DC operations and our Learning & Development team to deliver results. You will be responsible for facilitating training programs while coaching and holding your operational-leader partners accountable for their success.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as an engaging and inclusive leader who will develop and implement training content for the assigned DC
- Communicate and oversee the execution of training at all levels by DC, maintaining strategic partnerships with the entire DC, other DCs and various SSC partners
- Create strategies to balance short- and long-term business plans.
- Foster the development and growth of employees and leaders in assigned DC
- Work closely with the SSC's Learning & Development team and the Human Resources teams to ensure standard training programs are properly designed and consistently implemented
- Select, evaluate, and develop Training Coordinators
- Teach managers to develop leadership skills in supervisors
- Assist DC management with organizational development plans
- Analyze and understand data to measure the training program performance within the DC
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in education or human resource development preferred.
- Two to four years' experience in employee training and development or in a human resources position with an employee development emphasis.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Thorough working knowledge of distribution center
- Good reasoning, conflict-management, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of training design and needs analysis
- Understanding of performance development, team development, and leadership development processes; demonstrated developmental approach to leadership
- Ability to evaluate supervisory and management employees for leadership potential
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website