Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Inventory Adjustment Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of DSD (direct store delivery) invoices and PIAA (physical inventory adjustment application) transmissions for the stores to the Retail Stock Ledger. Additionally, this role will research discrepancies from stores and vendors on a daily basis to ensure inventory accuracy at store level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews drop ship EDI invoices for cost discrepancies and unauthorized products
- Communicates and follows up daily with vendors and merchants for verification on invoice discrepancies
- Provide support to stores and field by responding to inquiries, performing research and corrective entries, and delivering prompt and accurate resolution to any reported issues relating to inventory adjustments
- Processes daily transfer of payment of invoices to accounts payable
- Reviews vendor statements to ensure timely processing of all invoices
- Reviews all PIAA transactions for accuracy, including the PIAA error file
- Assist with special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, AS400/Island Pacific, and large volumes of data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources, organize, prioritize, and manage/manipulate data
- Basic knowledge of GAAP accounting
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Associates degree or equivalent and one to two years relevant experience required
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Three to four years relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Experience in researching discrepancies preferred. Experience in retail management preferred.
Apply on company website