Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Supporting logistics operator controlling the flow of international merchandise from foreign port-of-origin to final US Distribution Center. Responsible for the execution of international shipment plans to meet internal customer requirements and directing overseas offices, 3PL providers, transportation providers, and distribution providers to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery of globally sourced products. Support logistics improvement projects focused on lowering transportation costs, process improvements, enhancing visibility and delivering customer service excellence.
- Coordinate and issue timely and accurate order allocations, PO splits, transfers, disposition, and expedited support for import centers to ensure efficient product flow.
- Provide resolution for all exception events such as seal discrepancies, OS&D, misrouted merchandise, unmanifested merchandise, improper paperwork, etc.
- Monitor retail stock ledger for discrepancies in import center freight processing and request adjustments as needed.
- Manage the Estimated Statistical Sampling (ESS) events for each of the import centers as dictated by the business including the coordination of all operational and data flow activities.
- Oversee resolution of shipment discrepancies at destination ICs / DCs.
- Mediate between brokers, carriers, and DCs/import centers to resolve operational issues such as routing changes or delays, misplaced equipment, damages and responsibility of charges.
- Liaise between transportation and internal customers and external partners to champion operational efficiencies, lead special projects and drive process improvement.
Operational and Financial Administration
- Administer the OS&D (over, short, damage) process ensuring proper disposition and accounting for OS&D cargo received at distribution and import centers.
- Leverage chargeback system data to identify and correct vendor deficiencies.
- Accountable for international logistics input into vendor manuals and ensuring they are kept up to date with latest transportation information and procedures.
Analytics and Reporting
- Analyze import center inventories and take action to prevent extended dwell times.
- Report load quality issues including poor utilization and damages to merchandising counterparts and provide direction for improvement and adherence to Dollar General shipping standards.
- Reconcile OS&D data on transfer loads from the import centers to the DCs and provide a summary of load accuracy to import center operators.
- Ensure all data provided by 3rd party providers is timely and accurate.
- Specify reporting requirements and data extracts from providers.
- Monitor service levels of import center operators and line haul carriers to ensure expected service levels are provided on a consistent basis.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners including international partners
- Strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Access databases
- Strong knowledge of merchandising, distribution, transportation, and supply chain concepts
- Strong business acumen around the cost components of international flow of merchandise including cargo consolidation/deconsolidation operations
- Broad general knowledge of logistics and a deep working knowledge and skill set leading global transportation and logistics operations in a complex, multi-site DC environment
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be a team player and customer service driven
- Basic knowledge of general financial and accounting principles
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management or Logistics preferred with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website