Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Responsible for all aspects of shipping and receiving as it pertains to, but not limited to, UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex. Maintains files and records of daily shipping and receiving activities. Supports Administrative Services departments as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of items/documents including mail to customers within established time frames. Prepares outgoing items for shipping within established time frames. Delivers and picks up from off-site locations.
- Receives incoming shipments such as shipping supplies, merchandise, Fed Ex deliveries, UPS deliveries, and private couriers and routes the items to the appropriate person or department within established time frames. Provides mail service to Turner One and Northchase.
- Coordinates and schedules customer pickups and deliveries, including preparation and maintenance of appropriate documentation. Screens and answers customer calls concerning tracking and manifest packages. Arranges and stays for late-night pick up from emergency shipments.
- Logs all incoming and outgoing shipments with in-house tracking software for accurate data for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements. Monitors inventory and orders for shipping department supplies as well as beverage and service center supplies as needed. Cleans and maintains dock office and dock area.
- Monitors merchandise from drop ship vendors' in-transit shipments tracking systems and reports to appropriate parties. Process exception bi-weekly payroll.
- Certified in Hazmat shipping
- Ability to drive tow motor
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn departmental procedures
- Ability to lift properly up to 50 pounds
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Minimum 2 years of related work experience required. Retail experience highly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Apply on company website