Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Performs clerical shipping functions.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicates exception report information to supervisors.
- Resolves exceptions based on supervisor's instructions.
- Generates all shipping paperwork via computer system.
- Organizes shipping packets for trucking service and verifies seals for accuracy.
- Troubleshoots minor printer problems.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Intermediate computer skills; competency to use warehouse management systems.
- Communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- High volume shipping clerical experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time, mostly in an office environment; walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitive basis.
- Fast-paced environment.
Apply on company website