Job Title: Turnover Janitor Days Off: Saturday, Sunday Pay Range: $17.02 - $18.79 per hour Shift Differential: N/A Location: Multiple Locations Shift: Day Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical (no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage) Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan The Janitor Turnover Team performs a variety of cleaning and minor repair tasks in assigned DESC facilities to keep the properties looking good and functioning well. The Janitor Turnover Team's primary function is to assist the agency with unit turnover clean out and unit preparation as well as provide “float” coverage for janitors on approved PTO. This position also assists with specialty cleaning needs such as deep cleans or quarterly cleaning protocols for both interior and exterior building surfaces and areas. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform necessary janitorial tasks in all areas of assigned facilities, including, but not limited to, individual apartments, hallways, common areas, offices, storage and trash rooms, equipment rooms, stairways, elevators, kitchens, laundry rooms, lounges, bathrooms, showers, alleys, sidewalks, roofs, and decks or patios.
- Replace parts of basic building or apartment systems as assigned, including basic electrical systems (switches, outlets, breakers, fixtures, and minor wiring), general carpentry needs (woodwork, door maintenance, floor repair, wallboard and plaster work, painting, and lock systems repair), and plumbing.
- Monitor facilities and equipment for damage and provide upkeep and repair as needed.
- Perform cleaning assignments at various job locations by following a prescribed cleaning schedule. Flexibility to clean multiple sites on a given day.
- Complete other specific cleaning duties, such as specialty deep cleaning, as assigned.
- Communicate repair or extensive cleaning needs to supervisor before starting work, seeking assistance to complete maintenance work not within personal skill level.
- Do not enter occupied apartments without prior approval from supervisor.
- Work at ground level or from ladders and scaffolding. Carry and lift heavy materials, containers, ladders, tools, and other equipment to and around work sites.
- Respond to emergencies, initiating emergency maintenance actions, cleaning up debris, water, etc., and contacting supervisors.
- Safeguard building and unit keys, never giving anyone access to occupied tenant units.
- Read and record in maintenance logs or other record-keeping systems to receive assignments and communicate progress.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of janitorial/maintenance experience, preferred.
- Ability to organize workload and complete duties with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to report to varying site locations throughout the agency.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people from various backgrounds.
- Ability to handle a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior from clients.
- Commitment to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Insurable driving record, current Washington state driver's license and ability to drive agency vehicles including 15 passenger vans.
Apply on company website