At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Storyboard Artists translate script based story ideas into clear and entertaining visual sequences.
DreamWorks Animation Television has exciting new opportunities for Storyboard Artists to join its in-house team in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. We are seeking candidates who are familiar with the television animation pipeline and experienced in drawing storyboards.
- Collaborate with the Director and creative department heads to discuss storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish for each episode
- Pitch thumbnails or rough storyboards to the director and creative department heads
- Provide cleaned-up storyboards with attention to clarity and entertainment value
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Ensure storyboards align with the creative goals of the leadership team, deadlines, and storytelling objectives
● Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Proven ability to manage time and meet deadlines
● Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and/or Photoshop
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment
● At least 3 years storyboarding experience working in television animation
● Bachelor degree preferred
● Ideal candidates will be able to provide storyboard samples
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Apply on company website