General Purpose of Job:
The Gift Shop Sales Clerk is responsible for working with the Gift Shop Manager, Volunteer Staff, Volunteers and hospital staff to ensure quality customer service, to be knowledgeable, and to sell merchandise in an environment of trustworthiness, integrity, and respect. The Sales Clerk will assist in training and ensure quality services from volunteers also working in the Gift/Cookie Shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or hospital administration as required.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines.
- Open and close register and Gift/Cookie Shop as instructed.
- Straighten and dust merchandise and shelves
- Check-in/process new merchandise
- Assist and greet customers in a friendly manner
- Assist in training new volunteers per shift
- Using accurate register procedures when cashiering customer
- Take telephone orders
- Maintain and assist Manager in knowledge of website sales/on-line store and take phone orders
- Manage stock/new merchandise off-site and on-site
- Manage damaged and return merchandise to vendor
- Be able to work nights and weekends at the Cottage Shop and Gift/Cookie Shop when needed
- Need to be cross-trained at Cottage Shop
- Physically be able to transport stock/new merchandise to and from Gift, Cookie and/or Cottage Shop to off-site storage building or basement in hospital.
- Be physically able to climb ladder
- Lift bins up to 40 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website