General Purpose of Job
This position will be involved in the set up and development of the sleep center including meeting accreditation requirements; protocol development; equipment selection and set up of the rooms; recruitment and training of new pediatric-specialized sleep technicians; oversight of the schedule and duties of the sleep technicians; ensure quality control for acquisition and scoring of all sleep studies; technical troubleshooting; set up and maintenance of the center's database; partake in scoring and daytime (and possible occasional nighttime) acquisition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines.
- Contributes to the set up and development of the sleep center including meeting accreditation requirements, protocols development, equipment selection, and set up of the rooms.
- Participates in recruitment and training of new pediatric-specialized sleep technicians.
- Oversees the schedule and duties of the sleep technicians' team.
- Ensures quality control for acquisition and scoring of all sleep studies
- Technical troubleshooting, which includes being available as “on-call” to answer overnight sleep techs' questions if needed.
- Sets up and maintains a database for the sleep center.
- Participates in scoring and daytime (and possible occasional nighttime) acquisition of studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service – Enthusiastically interacts with all customers. Assumes personal responsibility for meeting customer needs. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal Skills- Is sensitive to the needs, ideas, and feelings of others. Develops and maintains rapport with others. Listens well. Facilitates a group process.
- Adaptability/flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to change behaviors and plans to meet rapidly changing/ competing job demands (new or unusual situations). Receives change as a challenge. Revises plans to meet changing circumstances.
- Communication – Clearly and effectively communicates ideas and requests to others. Persuades or influences others through spoken or written communication.
- Initiative – Starts and completes tasks with minimum of prompting. Willing to make recommendations and assume additional responsibilities.
- Team Player – Fully participates in maintaining a positive team environment that is conducive to customer satisfaction. Builds trust among co-workers, focusing on accomplishing hospital and departmental mission and goals.
- Organized and efficient – Organizes work and uses time efficiently. Takes the initiative to find additional work during slow or downtimes. Recommends innovative ways of doing work more efficiently and effectively.
- Core Values –Practices DCH core values.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2+ years of experience required. 5+ years preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered Polysomnography Technician (RPSGT), or (RST), or (RRT-SDS) required
- Basic Cardiovascular Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 3-6 months of hire
Apply on company website