General Purpose of Job:
Under general supervision, to apply effective security procedures in protecting Driscoll Children's Hospital on an assigned shift and to perform related duties as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity guidelines.
- Know layout of the hospital and newly constructed areas.
- Answer telephone, keep written log of calls for assistance, dispatch security officers by radio or telephone when required.
- Monitor Surveillance cameras, record suspicious activity.
- Guard Hospital property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry by performing normal duties.
- Patrol Hospital buildings, grounds and parking lot for the safety of employees, employee vehicles, visitors and visitors vehicle when required.
- Examine doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Participate in maintaining equipment and facilities.
- Watch for and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unlocked.
- Observe departing personnel and visitors to guard against theft or damage to hospital property.
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles. Apprehend or expel persons engaged in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Know the alarm systems and how to sound alarms in case of fire.
- Know how to contact the police in cases of unauthorized persons or violations of the law.
- Know how to use two-way radios.
- Permit authorized persons to enter the property.
- Register at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Respond to calls for service from employee and visitors. Write reports pertaining to property damage, unusual occurrences, criminal activity or malfunctioning equipment, for use by supervisory staff.
- Post and lower flags.
- Unlock entrance doors at assigned locations.
- Know basic computer skills for entering reports.
- Monitor, direct and control vehicle and pedestrian traffic in employee and visitors parking areas in normal and abnormal situations.
- Educate hospital employees and visitors on personal safety and property loss prevention.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and Administration as required.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website