DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE's emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
ADMS Application Engineer Job Specific
The Application Support Engineer is primarily responsible for providing business application and configuration support for Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) applications (OMS, DMS, Advanced Applications) and the Energy Management System (EMS). Responsibilities include providing consultation for business, system, and user needs and handling moderate-to complex end-user system and operations issues that arise with supported systems and tools.
Entry-level engineer responsible for routine, technical work. Requires standard application of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Technical assignments are in the form of design, problem solving, and technical support for the optimum operation and maintenance of company assets. Participates on teams of field employees, technicians, engineers and other personnel.
- Performs routine engineering assignments by following defined processes, procedures, and instructions.
- Works under and/or seeks guidance of experienced professionals to recommend and implement timely solutions involving routine engineering, design, operation, maintenance of company assets and market optimization.
- Collaborates with more experienced engineers to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems within time and budget constraints.
- Uses engineering skills and techniques to develop models and analyze data in order to recommend solutions and/or improvements in processes and programs.
- May provide field engineering assistance or technical support.
- Keeps up to date on current technology and market changes.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology. Individuals who will be obtaining their degree within nine months from submitting interest will be considered; however, verification of the degree will be required prior to starting in the job.
- Some experience through internships
- Working knowledge of ADMS Support Model, including application change management, roles and permissions, ADMS architecture, integrations, configurations, troubleshooting, and monitoring
- Working knowledge of ADMS database, incident management, and remedy management.
- Working knowledge of the Energy Management System (EMS).
- Strong technical acumen on Distribution Management System functions and platforms
- Experience with monitoring, troubleshooting and performing application failover functionality
- Experience in troubleshooting and responding to issues with advanced applications
- Experience in managing and executing application site switchover during planned and unplanned events
- Experience in preparing testing schedules and coordination, and stack versions needed for testing, data, and access
- Experience in establishing and implementing mechanisms in coordination with relevant functions to ensure timely reporting of system heath, assets and devices, and ensure notification of stakeholders of outages
- Experience in maintaining and updating procedures
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including System Control Room, IT, and Engineering.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website