DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Emergency Response: Yes – Must be available to perform a primary assignment in support of DTE's emergency response to storms or other events that impact service to our customers.
Senior ADMS Application Engineer Job Specific
The Application Support Engineer is primarily responsible for providing business application and configuration support for Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) applications (OMS, DMS, Advanced Applications) and the Energy Management System (EMS). Responsibilities include providing consultation for business, system and user needs and handling moderate-to complex end-user system and operations issues that arise with supported systems and tools.
Senior-level engineer responsible for planning and conducting engineering activities. Requires the use of advanced techniques and the application of theories, precepts, practice and disciplines, including practical field experience. Incumbents have the responsibility and authority to make decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues. Participates on and leads teams of field employees, technicians, engineers and other personnel.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs important projects or field engineering assignments with complex features.
- Performs assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions.
- Interfaces with outside departments, vendors, suppliers, and reliability entities.
- Develops or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management & external parties (contractors, customers, etc.).
- Plans and manages group workflow to meet budgets and schedules.
- May mentor and provide guidance/direction for less experienced staff.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 4 years of job-relevant experience
- Working knowledge of ADMS Support Model, including application change management, roles and permissions, ADMS architecture, integrations, configurations, troubleshooting, and monitoring
- Working knowledge of ADMS database, incident management, and remedy management.
- Working knowledge of the Energy Management System (EMS).
- Strong technical acumen on Distribution Management System functions and platforms
- Experience with monitoring, troubleshooting and performing application failover functionality
- Experience in troubleshooting and responding to issues with advanced applications
- Experience in managing and executing application site switchover during planned and un-planned events
- Experience in preparing testing schedules and coordination, and stack versions needed for testing, data, and access
- Experience in establishing and implementing mechanisms in coordination with relevant functions to ensure timely reporting of system heath, assets and devices, and ensure notification of stakeholders of outages
- Experience in maintaining and updating procedures
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including System Control Room, IT, and Engineering.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website