The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Location: San Francisco, CA
This position will function as part of the environmental commodities trading desk. Working as part of the desk, this position will be responsible for focusing on helping to build out the renewable fuels and carbon trading business and to support the desk's other power and environmental trading activities. Work is mainly self-directed, with work results reviewed through the achievement of set goals and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Structures and deploys boutique hedging products to project developers, lenders, and investors.
- Autonomously develops and implements new trading strategies to deploy VaR, manages positions and optimizes the desk's portfolio.
- Provides liquidity and risk mitigation to compliance entities to manage their fluctuating environmental commodity obligations.
- Manages deals for the full transaction cycle – on-boards new counterparties, leads negotiations and closes transactions.
- Develops new, and fosters existing, relationships with market participants via conferences, DTE branded events, in-person meetings, and other means.
- Explores potential synergies within DTE Energy Trading and its affiliates to collectively manage risk and create value across commodities.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- At least one year of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Environmental studies.
- At least one year of professional experience in renewable fuels, renewable energy and/or carbon markets.
- Proactive, charismatic individual with the vision and ability to create new market opportunities and relationships.
- Decisive individual who excels working in a high-pressure environment.
- Works effectively with a team to accomplish shared objectives.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and databases.
The employee performs job duties in a climate controlled office environment, with a moderate noise level.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website