DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Eastside Medical Center
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
About this Facility
Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 38 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care at two locations.
We are seeking a Manager Surgery for our Medical Center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Benefits we offer
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities.
- We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
- Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
- We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Coordinates, directs, supervises, and assists in daily evaluation of patient care services and nursing staff activities carried out in perioperative services.
- Assumes responsibilities of Director of Surgical Services in his/her absence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
Department Specific Criteria:
- Assigns an evaluates the daily activities of nursing team members in consultation with the Specialty Team Leaders, Charge Nurse, and Schedule Coordinator when appropriate.
- Assures that staff assignments are appropriate for the type of patient care required.
- Coordinates equipment and supply needs.
- Coordinates staff development and orientation activities
- Facilitates the daily O.R. schedule and communicates effectively with other areas in the department and the hospital to ensure continuity of care.
- Interacts with physicians in a positive manner that encourages a team approach to patient care activities.
- Investigates patient, interdepartmental, as well as departmental problems evaluating the impact on the department and patient care.
- Keeps the department director informed of problems and problem solving activities in a timely manner. Seeks solutions utilizing all available resources.
- Assists in the implementation and enforcement of hospital, nursing and departmental policies and procedures. Maintains current knowledge related to policies and procedures.
- Provides direct patient care activities based on the needs of the department.
- Works closely with the director in the establishment of new departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in the implementation of Joint Commission and other standards.
- Evaluates and recommends new equipment and or supplies based on department need.
- Ensures environmental cleanliness and organization of the department through the delegation of special assignments and duties.
- Completes the staff work and call schedules.
- Works closely with the Specialty Team Leaders, Charge Nurse, and Schedule Coordinator to ensure appropriate departmental coverage at all time.
- Attends meetings in the absence of the Director.
- Prepares in a timely manner any report or special project as requested by the Director.
- Participates in and assists with the development and implementation of the Performance Improvement Program for the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Certification
- Completion of accredited nursing program
- Current Georgia RN license
- BSN preferred
- Five (5) years of clinical experience (preferably Perio-operative Services)
- BLS – American Heart Association - required
- CNOR preferred
- Previous Charge RN or Supervisor experience preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website