SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 39 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, robotic surgery, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care at two locations.
Eastside Medical Center is seeking an OR Aide (PRN/As Needed).
- Maintains ancillary support of surgery department by transportation of patients, decontamination and cleaning of area, and restocking of supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
Department Specific Criteria:
- Transports patients to and from the operating room in a safe and efficient manner.
- Verifies patient identity prior to transport.
- Follows any special instructions as given by the charge nurse or other nursing staff member.
- Assists with cleaning and room turnover as well as terminal cleaning.
- Collects trash and linen in proper receptacles and transports to the appropriate area for disposition.
- Runs errands and serves as messenger on an as needed basis.
- Transports specimens to Pathology and laboratory as directed.
- Pulls surgical case carts.
- Cleans suction canisters.
- Puts away supplies in all of the surgical area locations.
- Provides 2nd assisting retractor / camera holding as assigned.
- Assist with opening of surgical cases using aseptic technique.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ability to read and understand English
- Two (2) years applicable experience
- BLS – American Heart Association - required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website