Eating Recovery Center is currently creating a new program of PRN Virtual Affiliate Primary Therapists and looking for one to join our team in New Jersey!
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To improve the health and well-being of patients by providing up to 22 hours of psychotherapy to individuals and groups in our Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program by developing and implementing therapeutic treatment plans along with a multi-disciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Run six (typically evening) hours of Virtual IOP Group programming with up to 8 patients, depending on program census.
- Provide individual or family therapy sessions to up 8 patients weekly at times convenient for patients and provider, depending on program census.
- Attend a weekly team meeting to review patients with the clinical dietitian, case manager, and supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to connect with patients via a digital platform.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Create an individualized treatment plan with specific and measurable goals. Continually monitor progress and reevaluate appropriateness of goal.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing/counseling skills.
- Ensure that patients are seen for family therapy as clinically indicated.
- Encourage reluctant and/or resistant patients and/or family members to stay in program and build motivation. Demonstrate ability to build therapeutic rapport.
- Provide case management for each assigned case, demonstrating ability to facilitate and/or ensure the whole of patient care.
- Facilitate groups with expertise, demonstrating ability to engage, set limits and monitor the group process. Be creative in therapeutic interventions to include homework assignments, community resources.
- Complete clinical paperwork, progress notes, and group notes.
- Lead weekly staff meetings, conveying pertinent clinical information and formulating goals for the following week.
- Have ongoing attention to discharge plan, evidenced by development of aftercare plan, transition sessions with other patient treatment providers, and patients knowledge of available resources.
- Complete thorough discharge summaries that reflect course of treatment and discharge recommendations.
- Effectively communicate to other members of the treatment team about patient care and treatment and consistently communicate to referral sources and collateral providers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
Master's or Doctorate Degree.
Licensed in state of employment for independent practice with no license restrictions.
Meets therapist core competencies.
At least 3 years of experience working with eating disorder patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrates knowledge of and practice of clinical interviewing/counseling skills.
Demonstrates professional demeanor, dress, and background for telebehavioral health sessions.
Demonstrates ability to provide comprehensive and ongoing assessment resulting in appropriate treatment.
Demonstrates understanding of continuum of care and will consult with manager and team when a patient requires a change in level of care.
Demonstrates leadership in assuring continuity and quality of program, including curriculum development and group implementation.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills in utilizing acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and exposure and response treatment.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills in provide trauma-informed care.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills in providing culturally sensitive care.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills in working as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
Demonstrates competency in completing client assessments, treatment plans, discharge summaries, and case notes in a timely manner.
Can work somewhat independently but may need supervision for developing specialty.
Shows flexibility in supporting the team and clinical leadership in achieving broader center needs.
Completed Learning Path for PT and compliant with all mandatory trainings.
Stays current on latest research and highlights best practices to the team.
Strong service orientation with excellent organizational, independent thinking, good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to interface effectively with patients, family members, clinical staff and interdisciplinary teams through a virtual platform.
Ability to convey information and communicate effectively with staff, patients and patients family.
Sufficient computer knowledge and competency essential
Equipment used: computer, phone, headphones, other office equipment as indicated.
Work Hours/ Shifts: Varies, may include weekends
Apply on company website