This position reports to the Director of Accounts Payable and manages multiple duties and employees with regards to the Accounts Payable function within Charter Schools USA and the schools/entities that it manages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function including direct supervision of multiple full-time staff.
- Ensures that all vendor invoices are paid promptly, invoices are properly coded, approved and proper cutoff is established for financial reporting.
- Knowledgeable of end-to-end processing requirements for processing invoices and recording payments, including purchase order and non-purchase order accounts payable processing.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, and policies & procedures, to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manage the 1099 reporting and electronic transmission to IRS
- Process weekly payments via checks, ACH, etc.
- Assist staff accountants with month end closing and accruals, including AP account reconciliations
- Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting and external auditors.
- High level of attention to detail required in managing analytical tasks.
- Identify, onboard, mentor, coach and develop team members to create and maintain an engaged, productive, and experienced organization.
- Research, analyze and resolve complex payment and vendor issues.
- A strong desire to succeed and be a part of a team.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special/ad hoc projects, system implementations and enhancements as needed
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to analyze, solve problems, and adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface comfortably at all levels both internally and externally.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Establishes a set of operating principles and routines, driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to implement best practices.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6-8 years of Accounts Payable experience, three or more years of leadership experience included- a plus
- Computer Basics -- MS Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); proficiency in accounting software.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website