JOB PURPOSE: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for accurately maintaining all payroll records for their assigned locations. This may include checking/auditing attendance records and data entry of earnings/hours for employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage workflow to ensure all payrolls are processed accurately and timely
- Develop, review and run audit reports before and after payroll processing
- Understand proper taxation of applicable federal and state withholding laws
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks
- Develop and process ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Working knowledge of ADP Software preferred but not required
- Minimum 2 years' experience processing payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Strong customer service skill
Apply on company website