The purpose of this position is to identify business requirements, design at a high level, deploy, monitor, and improve networks for 10jin customers. This position will also ensure system availability and security, maintain disaster prevention and recovery procedures, implement business systems to improve performance and/or efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and control activities of the network services team with regards to shift work, responsibilities and performance.
- Assess requirements for data and voice networks
- Plan and architect network installation projects
- Establish and maintain backup and defense systems
- Troubleshoot network architecture and provide high-level network technical support
- Recommend network system fixes and enhancements
- Coordinates and ensures the standard implementation of policies, procedures and systems operations with support personnel.
- Write and maintain up-to-date documentation for network software and operational procedures.
- Develops hardware configuration plans for network systems. Plans, designs, and coordinates the various components of an enterprise network system.
- Ensures network equipment and software is meeting the needs of the program areas as defined in the distributed processing plan and modifies the distributed processing plan as required.
- Evaluates and recommends network software and hardware for the enterprise system.
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Monitors the hardware to ensure it is properly maintained.
- Coordinates with management for the acquisition of and contracting for hardware, software, and information technology services (including maintenance) for the networks.
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery procedures for the network and network resources.
- Knowledge of network wiring/cabling.
- Consults with users and program management conducting information assessments to determine user needs and to define network solutions to meet user requirements.
- Conducts research and development in network systems and related technologies, including hardware, software, and communications devices.
- Conducts on-going network system audits to evaluate the utility and efficiency of the system's hardware, software, and communications components and the effectiveness in meeting management information needs.
- Reviews detailed reports on trend analysis, capacity planning and overall system health
- Directs and controls the activities of the network team on the effective resolution of all network problems
- Ensures that necessary levels of expertise exist and that, where necessary, training is planned for and carried out
- Provides analysis of all problems and user generated issues to spot trends and facilitate system wide solutions.
- Facilitates and documents guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Opens up problem reporting tickets and accurately uses all problem tracking software systems.
- Provide management with critical decision-making information by analyzing data, forecasting and development of systems or processes to monitor data and trends
- Act as a technology liaison for schools, clients and vendors
- Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignments
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Demonstrates ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Thinks ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- 5-7 years of experience with Microsoft Server platforms and technologies; with an emphasis on Windows Server, System Center, Hyper-V, Exchange Server, SQL Server, IIS Web Server, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy administration, File/Print Server administration, Storage technologies, and Software Defined technologies.
- CCNA Required.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and other technologies such as MySQL, PHP, and Apache.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations with a strong emphasis on Cisco. Knowledge of layer 2/3 network protocols. Strong knowledge of firewalls and other network security devices (VPN, IPS, Vulnerability Scanners, etc.).
- Advanced systems scripting skills, and experience with systems automation.
- Expert managing and administrating systems update and patching in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise telephony is needed.
- Strong organization and time management, problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills are required.
- Able to work nights and weekends if required. Ability to travel within and outside of Florida.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the hiring company may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with EduServe's salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by EduServe.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with EduServe's policy.
The EduServe's Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website