Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
The Research Software Engineer is primarily responsible for the invention and prototyping of new medical software related applications or features for the software product line and assisting as necessary to facilitate commercialization. The RSE participates in concept exploration and rapid prototyping activities, where the goal is to quickly implement a demonstrable version of a feature in order to determine feasibility for continued development.
- Collaborate with members of the Research organization to gain and maintain a detailed understanding of the existing active research areas
- Collaborate with members of the Development Engineering and System Architecture organizations to gain and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current Elekta practices and standards regarding software development and architecture
- Design and document efficient and robust implementations of algorithms and prototypes to be integrated into product
- Responsible for producing prototype versions of features and concepts to allow decisions to be made regarding scope and desirability for product inclusion
- May work directly with external partners to integrate their algorithms/prototypes, and to provide interfaces allowing them to more easily use Elekta products to assist their research activities
- Prepares and executes presentations (internal and external) on their work and progress as necessary and may be called upon to produce white papers explaining their solutions
- Contributes to testing and documentation development of the software, supports formal validation of products, and interfaces with customers and other vendors as necessary during the project cycle
- Responsible for following the latest trends in your field, both in terms of algorithms and scientific progress, and in terms of software development and architecture practices
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact with highly technical teams
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential
- The ability to write effective C/C++ code to implement and validate research ideas, and translate it to robust product components and prototypes
- Advanced CPU/GPU programming (OpenMP, CUDA, OpenCL) is desirable
- Experience of working in an FDA regulated environment is desirable
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
Education and/or Experience required:
- Experience developing mathematically complex applications using one or more of the following languages: .NET, C#, C++ , Python, or a GPU programming language, and knowledge of full stack web development, SQL, build/use of Web APIs,
Minimum 4 years of industrial software development experience and a BS degree in Computer Science, or a related degree or a minimum 2 years of industrial software development experience and an MS degree in Computer Science, or a related degree OR
Minimum 2 years of industrial software development experience and an MS degree in Computer Science, or a related degree.
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website