Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
The Software Training Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining software training environments, including related administrative tasks, that run existing Elekta software on Elekta's chosen cloud platforms (Azure e.g). In this role, you will ensure the environments are suitable for both training execution and training material creation and closely match customer implementations where possible. In addition, you will assume ownership of the configuration and maintenance of software emulators for E&T use (XVI, Integrity, Unity, others as required), establishing and maintaining IT-compliant connectivity to on-premise resources that cannot be virtualized in the cloud. Furthermore, as the Technical Training Specialist, you will also provide collaborative input and execute on the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation (ADDIE) relating to technical software training content for internal audiences around general IT skills and concepts, including but not limited to Citrix, Networking, Microsoft SQL Databases, Cloud and Virtualization techniques, container technology.
This is a remote position which will require you to travel based on the needs of the business.
- Create and maintain software training environments that run existing Elekta software on Elekta's chosen cloud platforms (Azure e.g), ensuring those environments are suitable for both training execution and training material creation and closely match customer implementations where possible
- Create and maintain on-premise emulators that run clinically representative versions of those software solutions which cannot be virtualized in the cloud
- Perform virtual training administration tasks (provisioning of training machines, assisting internal training users with connectivity, performing virtual setup provision as required) as agreed with the Head Of Technical Training Development
- Collaborate with Elekta IT to ensure training environments are compliant with Global IT policies and requirements
- Create and / or assist with the creation of product-agnostic technical software training modules, including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, Virtualization including Citrix Application Streaming and VDI, Networking, Windows Server Implementation / Configuration
- Deliver technical software training to a global internal audience where appropriate
- Pioneer new learning technologies and methodologies to ensure efficient design, development and implementation of learning activities.
- Assist with creation of new, blended learning opportunities which encompass classroom training, multi-media based distance learning and the use of Elekta's Virtual Classroom software (Adobe Connect) to deliver remote learning activities.
- Incorporate Elekta values into all departmental functions and responsibilities.
- 30% overnight travel, as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar or a minimum of 5+ years experience working in a system administrator type role
- Demonstrable knowledge through certification (CCNA, CCP, MCSA or similar) highly desired
- Database and DBMS implementation/configuration knowledge essential, Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Experience with Citrix and other virtualization products essential
- Cloud experience essential, ideally Microsoft Azure and Azure management through Azure Powershell
- Ability to create, maintain and automate Powershell scripts used to deploy VMs through Azure and execute post-installation tasks on machines, knowledge of other programming languages advantageous
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory required
- Experience of cloning of machines and machine deployment (including sysprep automation) essential
- Knowledge of container technology, especially Docker, desired but not essential
- Ideally experience in delivering knowledge to others, preferably in a classroom setting
- Excellent communicator and presenter who would like to increase and hone delivery skills
- Willing to develop and explore skills with photo and video editing tools, as well as e-Learning development using Adobe Captivate / Camtasia or similar
- Passion for learning, the passing on and packaging up of information, exploring new tools and delivery methods, pushing boundaries
- Participation in presentation skills workshops, preferred
- Ability to work in a team is crucial
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Availability for overnight travel domestic and international
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website