****We're offering $500 sign-on bonuses to full time Elwyn New Jersey new hires whose employment commences between January 30, 2020 through March 31, 2020.****
Elwyn New Jersey provides residential, day and work programs for people with intellectual disabilities and medical challenges. New Jersey residents who meet the eligibility requirements of the Division of Developmental Disabilities are referred for services that include community group homes, supervised apartments and supported living options in Atlantic, Cumberland and Gloucester counties. Seven diverse day and work programs offer community-based services and address basic skills development for daily living and vocational success as well as physical challenges, medical needs, therapeutic socialization and recreational activities. Elwyn New Jersey also offers case management and behavioral support services to individuals with complex medical, cognitive, emotional, or behavioral conditions.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Coordinator
- Manages and supervises the activities and functions of all individuals in the home while continuously emphasizing community integration.
- Maintains the home in a safe, clean and healthy manner. Serves as a role model in participating and promoting a home-like atmosphere. Assists the individual to live in a humane, caring environment while promoting quality of life. Oversees each individual's health, safety and well-being.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of his/her personal hygiene that may include baths, showers, oral hygiene, personal care, nail and hair grooming.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of personal health care issues.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of funds including money recognition, short term and long term budgeting, banking and bill paying.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent management of his/her meal preparation that may include planning the menu, observing any dietary restrictions, shopping for the necessary items, and cooking and serving the meal.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals in the independent maintenance of his/her bedroom including bed making, vacuuming, dusting, folding and organizing.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals with the independent management of his/her clothing maintenance including laundering, mending and ironing.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals with the independent management of his/her daily chores as assigned on the Chore Chart
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals in appropriate social interaction including table manners, telephone skills, and social etiquette.
- Assists, teaches, supports individuals with the independent management of recreational and leisure time activities.
- Performs routine housekeeping duties on a daily basis including sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming and organizing. Cleans kitchen appliances as scheduled. Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms during each shift.
- Transports individuals to and from program sites, appointments, and community activities. Escorts individuals to designated areas.
- Administers all medications within prescribed time frames. Inventories medications as required. Picks up medications/refills when needed.
- Oversees and supervises the activities and whereabouts of each individual at the level outlined in the Individual Habilitation Plan.
- Prepares all meals and snacks as outlined on the menu adhering to any dietary restrictions.
- Completes assessments; participates in planning of habilitation and behavior management.
- Completes all required documentation assigned, including goal training, behavior management, client notes, medications, emergencies and repair issues.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times of any sensitive or personal information regarding individuals, employees or Elwyn New Jersey.
- Purchases groceries based upon menu for upcoming week.
- Performs general shopping duties as assigned.
- Places trash and recyclables out on scheduled trash days.
- Maintains, organizes, files, purges records as assigned.
- Completes laundry, mending, ironing as assigned.
- Attends at least eight (8) staff meetings per year.
- Adheres to all current policies and procedures of Elwyn New Jersey.
- Remains on duty to ensure the care and safety of individuals until relieved by replacement staff.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), crisis intervention and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Experience in a related field or with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to perform CPR using agency-trained protocols
- Must successfully complete and obtain/maintain all certifications as required by Elwyn New Jersey and regulatory agencies.
- Must cooperate with Elwyn New Jersey staff, the Department of Human Services staff, or, any other authorized investigating body during an inspection or investigation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: Physical Demands Checklist available upon request which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn New Jersey will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
waitress, customer service, hospitality, janitor, housekeeper, server, bus boy, hostess, retail, entry-level, behavioral health, mental health
Apply on company website