POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the ARBHS interdisciplinary team, the LPN who will provide, and support others in providing normalized, empathic, therapeutic and preventative health care to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness within a residential setting.
The LPN practices within the scope of Pennsylvania's Nurse Practice Act and in accordance with Elwyn's policies and procedures and those of Elwyn's regulatory agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide clinical support to direct care staff to ensure that all physicians' orders regarding medications, lab and diagnostic testing, wound care, speech and occupational therapies and any other prescribed directives are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete a daily review of medication administration records (MARs) to insure that all prescribed medications and treatments have been completed and that their completion has been documented per PA Department of Human Services (DHS) regulations
- Monitor the acute and prophylactic healthcare needs of residents including regular review of all physicians' orders related to medications, treatments, nutritional support, diagnostic testing and ancillary therapies on a regular basis; review of the client's medications prior to the beginning of each new month to ensure there are no adverse reactions
- Assess and contribute to maintaining a safe and therapeutic living environment for residents including but not limited to, monitoring for potential threats to health and safety and taking the appropriate actions to eliminate such threats
- Communicate and collaborate with community-based social service agencies, healthcare providers, insurance providers, county and state offices of behavioral health, families, and other stakeholders regarding ancillary services (e.g. physical or occupational therapy) to ensure quality care for the individuals served
- Assure adherence to all established ARBHS healthcare and safety policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations as they apply to the individual home setting
- Provide information and training for consumers and/or staff as needed to improve understanding of particular healthcare conditions (e.g. wellness, diabetes care, nutrition)
- Participate in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings, staff meetings, admission and discharge planning meetings, menu planning and other meetings by providing feedback regarding resident medical issues, dietary recommendations or other pertinent information
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), crisis intervention and medication administration using agency protocols as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Healthcare Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Elwyn consumers and personnel, families/guardians, physicians, health care providers, and service agencies such as pharmacies, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and hospice program personnel
Licensed as a Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Nursing or medical surgical experience preferred
- Excellent planning, communication, customer interaction, collaboration, and documentation skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Current CPR certification; must be able to perform CPR and crisis intervention techniques using agency-trained protocols
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law." #mon #ca
Apply on company website