Elwyn is looking for engaging and motivated staff for Program Coordinator Positions throught South Jersey
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) FUNCTION:
Major responsibility of overall site management to the program and staff in assigned homes utilizing a team approach to management consistent with the pursuit of continuous quality management. Assist the Unit Director in staff development and evaluation by providing on site supervision and observation of programs as well as advocating for those people served within the department. Reports directly to the Unit Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned:
- Adheres to all current policies and procedures of Elwyn NJ.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and monitoring of Individual Habilitation Plans,
- coordinates and/or completes assessments and/or assessment summaries, participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings, develops and assists in training of Individual Habilitation Plans (IHP) and supervises the implementation and progress of the IHP, serves on various committees and subcommittees.
- Coordinates divisional enhancement, assures communication between staff, participates and cooperates with Elwyn NJ, the State of NJ Department of Human Services and any other authorized investigative body with inspections and investigations, participates in organizational activities as required,
- Attends training activities for professional development, participates in the referral process and protects rights of individuals.
- Leads staff supervision and development, oversees hiring and orientation of staff, coaches staff to facilitate performance improvement, conducts performance evaluations in a timely manner, monitors staff training for Lead Counselors, monitors completion of yearly health clearances for staff or individuals served.
- Participates in financial management of program, carries out department budget, manages payroll for assigned areas, responsible for petty cash and manages financial matters of people receiving support.
- Coordinates the daily operations of designated programs, develops department schedules, participates in supervisory on call system, monitors individual's participation in the day to day interaction/activities of the home, provides a clean and safe environment, coordinates transportation, monitors documentation on appropriate records, tracks grocery expenses and assures that adequate food is purchased to meet the dietary requirements of the individuals living in the home, monitors ordering of medications and any other special physical demands.
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination and disciplinary actions of the department.
- Works with, understands and complies with the union contracts and the proper handling of union grievances.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School diploma required, or Bachelor's degree preferred and preferably in human services (i.e., Social Work, Psychology) from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years experience working in program(s) serving in residential or community setting working with people with developmental disabilities.
- In addition, one (1) year experience in a supervisory position, preferred. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership and organizational skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in using applicable software.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully complete and obtain/maintain all certifications as required by Elwyn NJ and regulatory agencies.
- Or equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the characteristics required to do the essential functions of the class may be substituted for those listed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Apply on company website