Are you a Registered Nurse who has a heart for individuals with developmental disabilities? If so, Elwyn California has a position for you!
Current Registered Nurse (RN) opportunities include Full-time, Part-time, and On-call positions
For all shifts (AM, PM, NOC)
Elwyn California is currently seeking kind and skillful Registered Nurses who provide high quality and compassionate care to join our residential group home teams in the East Bay Area -- Concord & Walnut Creek, Ca. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Administrator.
Under the direction of the Program Administrator, for one 962 residential home the Registered Nurse position will be responsible for ensuring that nursing care and directives are carried out in the home as directed by the 962 Program Administrator. Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies. "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
- Active Professional Nurse (RN) Licensure in good standing in the State of California.
- Thirty (30) continuing education credits every two (2) years to maintain licensure or as required to meet the minimum standards or California licensure.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current BLS certification. Current valid CA driver's license.
- Prefered one year of experience in a residential setting for persons with developmental disabilities. Minimum one-year recent medical-surgical experience required.
- Must hold valid or else complete a DOJ and FBI fingerprint and criminal clearance.
- Must have a current, within one year of hire or within 7 days after hire, a health screening including a TB test.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred including strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills.
- Computer skills required.
On-going interaction with clients and staff. Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens, medicinal preparations and other common conditions in a clinical environment.
- Ensures that self and staff adhere to all Elwyn NC Policies and Procedures, standards of care and complies with all regulatory requirements
- Maintains a safe, sanitary and therapeutic environment for all individuals served
- Ensures that the Health Care Plan is implemented
- Provides adequate staff supervision
- Documents and reports all events as required by DDS, Regional Center
- Training of staff on clinical aspects of healthcare
- Ensures the proper level of equipment and supplies are maintained
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of residential records and uses complete discretion when discussing information.
- Maintains communication with Program Administrator, families, hospitals, etc.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- PTO (including sick time, vacation time, personal holidays, and legal holidays)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents, and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities, and government, Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with diverse challenges.
Elwyn California Residential Programs
Elwyn California provides care for people with Developmental Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single-family homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like settings.
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to resident ratio.se, LVN
#CA #MON RN, Registered Nurse
Apply on company website