Are you a Registered Nurse looking to work in a residential group home setting? Do you have a passion for providing care? If so, we have a Full Time 40 hour a week position for an RN House Manager (charge nurse) with a schedule of Tuesday-Saturday, AM Shifts (6:30 am to 2:30 pm).
The RN House Manager works with our team of kind and skilled direct care staff in a home for adults with developmental disabilities who are medically fragile and require 24/7 licensed nursing supports. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Administrator.
The RN House Manager will be the lead staff on the AM shift, under the direction of the Program Administrator, for one 962 residential home. Responsible for ensuring that nursing care and directives are carried out in the home as directed by the 962 Program Administrator. Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies. "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
- Ensures that self and staff adhere to all Elwyn NC Policies and Procedures, standards of care and complies with all regulatory requirements
- Maintains a safe, sanitary and therapeutic environment for all individuals served
- Ensures that the Health Care Plan is implemented
- Provides adequate staff supervision
- Documents and reports all events as required by DDS, Regional Center
- Training of staff on clinical aspects of healthcare
- Ensures the proper level of equipment and supplies are maintained
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of residential records and uses complete discretion when discussing information.
- Maintains communication with Program Administrator, families, hospitals etc.
- Active Professional Nurse (RN) Licensure in good standing in the State of California.
- Thirty continuing education credits every two years to maintain licensure or as required to meet the minimum standards or California licensure.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current BLS certification. Current valid CA driver's license.
- Prefer one year experience in a residential setting for persons with developmental disabilities. Minimum one year recent medical surgical experience required.
- Must hold valid or else complete a DOJ and FBI fingerprint and criminal clearance.
- Must have a current, within one year of hire or within 7 days after hire, a health screening including a TB test.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred including strong interpersonal, communication, leadership skills.
- Computer skills required.
Who We Are
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement: Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement: Through partnerships with families, communities and government, Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with diverse challenges.
Who We Serve
Elwyn California Residential Programs: Elwyn California provides care for people with Developmental Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with individual bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like settings.
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller number of residents (typically 4-5 per home) and the high staff to resident ratio.
What We Offer
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO plan including holidays, personal, and sick days
- Employer paid life insurance plan
- Retirement Plan (403b)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare, child care and commuter expenses
- Appreciation events, and more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
#CA #MON Registered Nurse, RN
Apply on company website