At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
To meet or exceed order bookings and business objectives for assigned accounts and for the Life Science Industry business area in general. Actively sell assigned products and solutions within these accounts and/or business area.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain maximum order bookings for all assigned products and solutions from assigned accounts.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Emerson Process Management's products/services and their applications.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all buying influences in assigned accounts/areas.
- Demonstrate and promote all Emerson Process Management products within accounts and/or areas.
- Identify customer requirements and develop based on this a solution proposal. If needed technical support needs to be requested to the corporate technology groups for the different Emerson products and solutions, or to third parties partners.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of account's business operations and their process automation needs.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of competitive strengths and weakness within accounts and/or areas.
- Work from being a supplier towards becoming a trusted advisor for the assigned accounts, so that Emerson Process Management is consulted for process automation requirements and improvements.
- Prospect business potential in new accounts within the assigned business area.
- Forecast accounts/ business area order bookings and business potential
- Identify and communicate account's organization, buying philosophy, key individuals and other engineering and plant locations.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed and intimate knowledge of the sales potential for the Emerson Process Management's products in the assigned business area and/or assigned accounts to facilitate development of realistic sales projections and exploitation of that potential.
- Plan and schedule daily work activities to make the most productive and effective use of his time each day and his expenses incurred.
- Communicate with other Emerson Process Management personnel on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate inter-business unit activities which relate to assigned accounts or business area
- Provide status reports and act as coordinator on projects relative to accounts.
- Provide accounts and/or area reporting as required.
- Keep management informed of competitive or business trends or developments within accounts.
- Advise responsible Emerson Process Management groups of product/service problems or requirements within assigned accounts.
- Participates actively in setting the targets for the business unit on both business and marketing domains, activates all necessary tools available within the Emerson Process Management organization to promote and improve the market-share of the solutions falling under his responsibilities and beyond.
- Become familiar with trade compliance rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English language.
- Engineering degree with technical direction.
- Good communicational skills and initiative.
- Capable of working under stress and high performance/expectations pressure.
- Must be able to negotiate and finalize - come up with the best performance/price contracts for Emerson Process Management and the customer. Must also be capable to defend the Emerson Process Management interest in business negotiations.
- Must be able to define budgets and analyze market situations with respect to expected growth and income for Emerson Process Management.
- Acquires and maintains an overall knowledge of all Emerson Process Management Products and related equipment/services, their uses and applications, and a detailed working knowledge of those products with greatest sales potential in the assigned accounts.
For Life Science industry and process automation market:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Process automation market, good visibility on competitors activities and products
- Understand the Life Science industry process automation opportunities, both for small molecule API plants, as for the Bio large molecules production plants. Have experience with GAMP
Apply on company website