At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Are you currently looking to develop yourself and extend your sales knowledge and experience? If you have a can-do attitude and enjoy delivering the best customer service, then we are the perfect match for you!
By joining us as an Area Sales Manager (determined contract - 6 months) you will manage our specified Fluid&Motion Control portfolio of products, services, systems and solutions, within the designated territory of the United Kingdom&Ireland (South East). Being responsible for the growth development of new and existing accounts in the area, you will cover sales to all major segments including, but not limited to, Industrial&Commercial, Process, Machine/Industrial Automation and Analytical & Medical.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for personal and professional development; if you like challenges and this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our Sales team in UK&Ireland!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Develop new business in existing accounts and further business in the selected key target accounts.
• Build and manage an opportunity sales funnel and ensure a successful quote to win ratio is achieved.
• Where necessary, take actions to improve performance, efficiency and development of the product portfolio.
• Assist where required in growing the overall UK sales.
• When necessary create and make sales presentations to help achieve sales growth.
• Engage in follow-up work arising from direct sales activities.
• Assist in negotiations, help to bring key projects to fruition, ensure strategic focus is given to initiatives as they are introduced and developed.
• Organize strategic sales plans for South East UK area and make sure these link in with the whole UK, Ireland and European plans.
• Provide monthly overall territory sales report as detailed by UK & Ireland Sales Manager.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
• Engineering degree or comparable technical education
• Meaningful sales experience and knowledge in a similar technical environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Be an excellent teammate willing to work with other sales people in the region and globally.
• Willingness to travel within UK (4 days/week as regular customer visits is a primary goal) and internationally (not very often)
• Computer literacy essential with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Work and PowerPoint) essential
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as an Area Sales Manager, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website