At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
To manage and direct personnel and activities of assembly/test, clean room, stockroom, shipping, receiving, electronics, systems. To assure the manufacture of products that meet the customer's needs while maintaining positive employee motivation and growth. Manage machine shop department when the manager is out of the building.
1. 20% - Manage and Provide Leadership - Manage and provide leadership; including communication, training, coaching, timely performance feedback, recruitment, corrective discipline and employee development. Has broad and thorough knowledge of the products to lead, support and assist in growth of assigned personnel using technical support as a resource.
2. 20% - Accomplish Production Plan - Plans and assures the accomplishment of manufacturing schedules as determined by production planners and communicates work priority to other shift supervisors.
3. 10% - Productivity, Efficiency and Continuous Improvement: Actively seeks and recommends ways to improve products, equipment, tooling and processes to increase overall quality, productivity, capacity, lead times and gross margins. Uses scientific problem solving tools as required in the execution of normal work assignments.
4. 10% - Train Personnel - Trains and informs personnel with respect to product assembly and test practices, Right to Know, material handling, health and safety rules, work rules, and other company policies.
5. 10% - Administrative Leader on all Shifts - Acts as administrative leader controlling staffing levels, overtime needs and in general, providing consistency of the administrative efforts on all shifts regarding assembly/test and other assigned areas activities.
6. 10% - Create and Maintain a Customer Focused Culture - Improve processes to increase customer loyalty by actively understanding, implementing and advancing the Perfx tools.
7. 5% - Sourcing - Locates sources/pricing for consumable materials, parts and services for assigned areas. Supplier selection process to be in conformance with division supplier certification policy.
8. 5% - Assure Supply Availability - Assures appropriate materials, equipment, tooling and supplies are available and maintained; and assures good housekeeping practices and protection for equipment, work surfaces, tools, and work areas. In addition, issues work requests for repairs and maintenance of equipment.
9. 5% - Other Duties ? Other duties may include annual budgeting, capital equipment justifications, scheduling and directing planned maintenance on equipment, and process audits.
10. 5% - Provide Environmental, Safety, & Health Leadership - Provide effective leadership in promoting environmental, safety, and health initiatives through positive reinforcement of safe behavior. Deliver clear direction to ensure employees are working safely by consistently and fairly enforcing environmental, safety, and health policies and work instructions.
· A Bachelor degree in a technical or management related field plus five years experience or an Associate degree plus 10 years experience in a manufacturing or technical service environment.
· Minimum one year budget experience or demonstrated ability to learn and manage these responsibilities.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and employees.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and team oriented environment.
· According to Government Regulations all employees in this job classification must be a US Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
Customer Focus ? Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Building Effective Teams ? Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Decision Quality ? Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Ethics and Values Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Managerial Courage ? Doesn?t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and ?actionable? positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Organizing ? Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website