At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
As part of the Application Support team your role will be to support our customer base by delivering enhancements, upgrades, and other services related to their DeltaV DCS/SIS which ensure the operational and maintenance needs of our customers are met or exceeded.
You will become part of our Lifecycle Services team, within the Automation Solutions division, which helps our customers carry out maintenance, improve reliability and boost performance of their DeltaV systems.
We typically engage with the latest technologies and products within the DeltaV portfolio, with a focus on system upgrades and Cybersecurity enhancements through add-ons such as Backup & Recovery, System Health Monitoring, Patch Management and Endpoint Security deployments.
This role would suit a person having had some exposure to industry and control systems, but now wants to expand their technical capabilities and ownership of activities. You'll be part of our highly capable team and benefit from a collaborate environment to accelerate your learning, development, and career.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you then come and join our team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Product Knowledge – have a working knowledge of DeltaV DCS including configuration/graphics and setup, the Windows platform on which it is deployed and its associated PlantWeb technologies such as Backup and Recovery, Automated Patch Management, etc.
- Project Execution – be responsible for managing and delivering solutions for our customers, including requirements, quotation, engineering, commissioning, and ongoing site support
- Customer Support – assist customers in the resolution of Emerson product service and application issues, where necessary initiate and coordinate support from the Emerson Global Support Centre
- Sales Support – assist in the demonstration of Emerson products to potential customers and to provide guidance in product application and after sales service:
- Proactively identify Service/Product opportunities and assist in their pursuit
- Assist in preparation of support literature for Sales opportunities
- Field Service – assist with LTSA contract activities (Maintenance, DVSAS, health checks, etc.), available to join the On Call rota
- Working Environment – be flexible to work throughout the British Isles, offshore or abroad and occasionally work unsociable hours including weekends to support customers
- Technical Consultation – provide technical consultation and site engineering services for our installed customer base, assisting in optimizing their control and instrumentation systems and utilizing the full functionality of their Emerson product
- Safety Systems – carry out work on Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to manage own time
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with customers
- Experience of Windows OS and networking
- HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience in authoring and reviewing project documentation
- Knowledge of DeltaV and products within its portfolio, or equivalents in another DCS
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
As an Associate Application Support Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website