At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
InSinkErator, the world's largest manufacturer of disposers and hot water dispensers, is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Technician to work in its Racine, WI manufacturing location.
This position is responsible for the set up and operation of all automated manufacturing systems and associated equipment in a specified area / lines and monitor, adjust and repair to ensure quality parts are produced. Position is responsible for all required PM's, troubleshooting and repair activities for assigned systems and equipment with the cell.
Some Benefits Include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation (pro-rated 1st year)
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave after 30 days
- Profit Sharing & 401K
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently with little to no direction to determine and implement corrective actions on equipment and processes
- Ensure proper safety procedures are in use and utilized / followed at all times
- Detect and assess problems: resolve, debug, troubleshoot, to provide solutions to equipment breakdowns and reliability issues
- Perform equipment start up and shutdown, modifications, upgrades, on responsible equipment
- Respond took emergency breakdowns as required
- Provide support to improve equipment operations and performance
- Maintain all production equipment in good clean functioning condition
- Full use of PM methods in planned and unplanned maintenance requests
- Provide adequate training for AST 1 and 2's in areas of responsibility
- Understand and Analyze interactions between all components and systems: fluid power, mechanical, servo, electrical, for proper function
- Basic understanding of computer-controlled machine programming: working knowledge of PLC, basic understanding of programmable controllers
- Assist in installation of new equipment and sub-assemblies, assist with and complete equipment rebuilds
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring block and schematics, machine drawings, equipment layout drawings and other associated drawing and resources
- Solid clear communication with Supervisors, peers, subordinates in oral, written, in professional manner
- Use of digital dashboard for fault review, starve / block, trends, analysis
This position works in a manufacturing plant environment, with exposure to noise, vibration, oils, lubricants, and other chemicals.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years' work experience in a mechanical or technical area where machinery, mechanical, electrical, or electronic maintenance work was performed
- High school diploma or GED
- Post high school technical training in 2 areas: electrical, electronic, pneumatics, mechanic, PLC
- Experience in manufacturing environment with PLC interface / Programming
- Basic robotic knowledge – functions and program
- Experience in advanced repair and maintenance techniques / practices, equipment troubleshooting and problem solving
- Follow blueprints, diagrams, spec, tolerances
- Operate standard and powered hand tools, precision measuring devices and gauges, material handling equipment, and personal computer
- Associates degree in electromechanical technology or similar area
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website