At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
InSinkErator, the world's largest producer of disposals and hot water products for home and commercial use, is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Technician to provide functional support to install, repair, rebuild and otherwise maintain heavy duty and highly complicated precision machines and equipment and keep our production running. This position requires a broad knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, PLCs, and machine repair practices and techniques.
This position will have responsibility for performing technical support in InSinkErator's Assembly and Pack departments. They will directly support needs in: technical, troubleshooting, operation and repair, day to day issues, problem solving, machine and manufacturing process issue resolution, root causes and corrective actions. The position will require a willingness to offer opinions, options, and direction and be flexible to the needs of the business. Must have good interpersonal skills to lead and interact with peers, Maintenance, technicians, engineers and Supervisors. Will have strong electro-mechanical, PLC skills, with attention to detail.
Some Benefits Include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation (pro-rated 1st year)
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave after 30 days
- Profit Sharing & 401K
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To successfully complete the following duties and responsibilities are required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solid Understanding of Ethernet communication, Control Logix, and PLC
- Assist with and complete troubleshooting for new and existing PLC programs for associated equipment and components
- Strong electro-mechanical skills and problem-solving practices
- Solid understanding of VFD, Servo, Automated controls
- Emergency troubleshooting: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic for all automated systems and related equipment. Determine root causes and errors
- Assist with Maintenance and Production to ensure equipment and process is in good condition, reliable, and PM's up to date.
- Broad-based knowledge to successfully troubleshoot and solve problems beyond scope of AST 3 and AST 4
- Provide technical support and assistance for projects, installations and repairs
- Investigate and recommend changes and upgrades to equipment
- Maintain open line of communication to all levels of management, production, peers
- Full use of Digital Dashboard for analysis, fault reviews, trends
- High school diploma or GED
- Post high school technical training in two or more of the following areas: PLC, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, or mechanics
- Minimum of nine years work with focused, relevant experience in a mechanical or technical area where machinery, mechanical, electrical, or electronic maintenance work was performed
- Associate degree in electromechanical technology or similar area
- Minimum of five years of work focused on relevant experience in a mechanical or technical area where machinery, mechanical, electrical, or electronic maintenance work was performed
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated understanding of advanced repair and maintenance techniques and practices and standard mechanical functions
Works independently with minimum supervision required. Interfaces with all levels of Management and Production Personnel. Position requires good verbal and written communication skills
Proficient use of electrical/electronic, computer, and test equipment
High level of software/hardware skills (troubleshooting, PC, MS, SQL, CAD, Iconics, PLC programming)
Understanding of industrial network communication
Some Visual Basic (and/or.Net) knowledge in Manufacturing production is required
RFID knowledge in Manufacturing production is required
Basic Robotics knowledge – function and program
Demonstrated above average equipment troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
Ability to set-up and operate automated manufacturing systems and associated equipment
Ability to making accurate arithmetic calculations, follow blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met
Ability to calculate and adjust operations to meet specifications and tolerances
Ability to analyze yield results and adjust machines to control defects
Operate standard and powered hand tools, precision measuring devices and gauges, material handling equipment, and personal computer
Complete understanding of safe work practices and policies and ability to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others and compliance with all safety and OSHA regulations
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to learn computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) operation
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website