At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an appealing role for you! Based in Cork, and mostly on a customer site, the Automation Engineer will be involved in sustaining activities within the Automation department at Industrial process plants.
To provide engineering sustaining support for Emerson products and services, mainly DeltaV and some third-party equipment, including, automation systems hardware, automation organisational change, continuous improvement and optimization of systems, maintenance services, commissioning, start-up, faultfinding and problem resolution, and execution of service projects. You may be required to work on sift or to be on call for phone support and emergency call in to site.
Are you eager to take your career to the next level? If yes, we welcome your application for the Automation Engineer role, until 15th of July!In this role you will:
- Perform advanced maintenance tasks in accordance with customer requirements using Emerson software tools and equipment.
- Provide recommendations to the customer on product or solutions, improvements, and system health checks.
- Act as primary focal point for system support for all manufacturing automation systems
- Tackle PAS/MES/OEM PLC software applications and hardware issues. (Training to be provided)
- Responsible for Quality compliance tor sustaining activities, meeting GMP, customer and Emerson requirements.
- Implement design changes to our systems in compliance with customer validation and quality control requirements.
- Interpret technical user requirements relating to software and ensure that the delivered software solution meets user requirements.
- Provide resolution to complex technical issues and resolve Customer disruptive events, where appropriate advising with Emerson Guardian support and Product Engineering.
- Provide technical expertise for products and services to support customers and Emerson teams.
- Provide on-site on the job customer instruction in the application, maintenance, and operation of Emerson Process Management products.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and knowledge management development.
- Be available as required to work on shift and support on-call and emergency call outs.
- Knowledge and experience of automation / IT and control systems in process industries, typically with a min of 3 years' experience.
- Level 6 qualification in an Engineering discipline (control engineering, computer science, or process Engineering etc.) or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience working across a broad range of automation platforms or IT Support, is an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Driver's License.
- Fluent in English.
- This role is focused on products and services at industrial process plants. Frequent travel and work at customer sites is required with occasional international travel as required.
- Training will be provided, the need for learning will be constant.
- Adherence to key Values – Integrity, customer focus, collaboration, innovation, Safety & Quality.
- A combination of working from the office, from home and from customer sites.
Apply on company website