At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.AS A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
• Support Impact Partners in the west region with all business development needs related to Sempell Gate, Globe and Check products
• Achieve the assigned budget for the Sempell GGC and multi-region projects in the product area of expertise
• Conduct Sales and Customer Thought Leadership Learning & product training
• Conduct joint sales calls with Impact Partners.
• Provide interface between NA impact partners and factory
• Support inside sales and application engineers and assist in their training
• Support Impact Partners with regional sales strategy for GGC products
• Responsible for product line bookings numbers for North America
• Assist GIS Industry Managers in product pricing strategies and pricing agreements within our geography
• Drive AML & technical specification work
• Serve as application mentor to the customer, Channel and inside sales and application engineering
• Responsible for providing tools and resources to Impact Partners to drive demand creation
• Lead product trouble shooting when required to support customer and Channel
• Monthly update on project pursuit and win/loss information
• Responsible for providing feedback to Business Units on competitors and market dynamics
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with customer facing presentation and trainings
- Thorough knowledge of the gate, globe, and check valve products
- Thorough knowledge of power customers, applications, and large project pursuit methodology
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Ability to assist Impact Partners in developing account plans and project pursuit strategies with minimal guidance from management.
- Strong presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Apply on company website