At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Cost Accountant professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Elyria, Ohio location, you will be responsible for accumulating data to measure manufacturing product cost in terms of material, labor and burden. Report and interpret cost for the purposes of finanical statement creation and management plans and the analysis of information. Assists in the preparation of maufacturing financal forecasts and the realized outome of such.
AS A COST ACCOUNTANT, YOU WILL:
- Cost and activate new purchased and manufactured items, reviewing for data integrity.
- Assist with the monthly closing process (cost of sales and inventory related journal entries, accruals for plant expenses, allocations, and related reporting requirements).
- Support in the development of annual frozen standard costs and manufacturing budgets, including standard department labor and overhead rates.
- Investigate monthly plant variances, reviewing actual vs forecasted expenditures.
- Provide regular reporting and detailed analysis of plant productivity data.
- Review material purchase price variances against the monthly forecasts and inflation models.
- Provide explanations for plant labor variances and work with the production planning department to keep the shop order WIP balance current and accurate.
- Monitor inventory valuation and cost of sales mix on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with internal audit and reconciliation of the plant's annual physical inventory.
- Audit the cycle count program and internal controls related to daily inventory accuracy.
- Allocate all support costs and variances to provide total actual cost of sales by product line.
- Analyze and report on warranty costs by product line.
- Oversee field demo inventory activity and expenses, coordinating an annual physical inventory of all field demo product.
- Assist in the implementation of financial systems, policies, and procedures as required.
- Other special projects as assigned.
You ensure safety is the team's priority. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You provide clear direction for your team and hold them accountable for results.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS/BA in Accounting, with one to four years of experience in accounting or finance
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- CMA/CPA preferred
- Experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing enviornment
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible Work Schedule - Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the felxibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, Holiday Bonus, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available. Employee resource groups, including Diversity and Inclusion committee, Women In Stem, LGBTQ+ Allies, and our Veterans Group, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Cleveland Area
This role is located in our World HQ in Elyria (just a little west of Cleveland), Ohio USA.
Our facility is located in Elyria, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to Cleveland. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
Since the invention of the modern pipe wrench in 1923, the 25-acre RIDGID world headquarters in Elyria, Ohio has been developing tools that help trades professionals tackle jobs faster, safer, and more accurately. Today, more than 600 employees work in 734K sq. ft. of office and manufacturing space. The campus is also home to a factory tool service center and a state-of-the-art “School House” training center that educates and trains hundreds of tradespersons annually. In addition to the iconic wrench, the campus manufactures RIDGID battery hydraulic tools, pipe and electrical tools, and drain cleaning components, as well as Greenlee step bits and knock out tools. Emerson's Professional Tools business provides the industry's broadest portfolio of advanced, reliable tools and technologies for the mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website